Welcome to the Spirit Spotlight where today we introduce a new gin to our shelves!
This month’s spirit is Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin!
- ABV – 45 %
- Nose – Juniper and sage
- Palate – Juniper, Cucumber, Lemon, Sage and Lavender
- Finish – a warm, spicy lavender finish, softened by the coolness of cucumber.
How to Order it:
Recommendation: This “crisp” gin would complement a Classic Martini or add just the amount of citrus that might be missing in an Opener.
How to Pair it:
his small-batch botanical gin was originally inspired by Zio Valerio’s love of gardening and native Tuscan cuisine. Italian dishes are encouraged as an addition to this refreshing spirit!
What you should know:
Uncle Val’s is a small batch American gin distilled by 35 Maple Street Spirits of Sonoma California. This gin is named after the owner’s favored uncle, an Italian doctor (Zio Valerio) who was remembered for his garden as well as his kitchen. Any fan of Hendrick’s gin will find this adds a bit of variety to the selection of smooth mild gins you might see on the market today.
Recipe for a Classic Gin Martini with a Twist:
- 3oz of Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin
- 1.5 Dolin Dry Vermoth
- 3-4 Dashes Regan’s Orange Bitters
- Combine all ingredients with ice and stir until the edges of the cubes are melted and the heat from the alcohol has cooled somewhat.
- Strain into a coup or martini glass and garnish with a long lemon twist.